can i unpack now?

, Post a Comment


happy chinese valentines day!

after almost two weeks of hunting, i settled on the first studio i looked at. i signed a lease today for a place just across the street from the ntu language center. tomorrow i get to check out of the hostel and move into my new place. i have to say that two weeks is about the limit of tolerance i have for living out of my suitcase. there is something to be said for having furniture and a door with a lock. a trip to ikea and a few other places should be enough to make the place feel like home.

tonight i had a delicious meal although i can't really name the dishes i had. one dish was some kind of chewy cake-like bean sauteed with vegetables. another dish was tofu, intestine, and liver in an oily sauce. the last dish was homemade noodles in sesame sauce. all of this was complimented with a delicious bottle of carlsberg beer. the shop was loud and vibrant with old military songs playing. the flirty girl selling beer was disappointed that i didn't speak mandarin. everyone there was really enjoying themselves.

last night i attended my first toastmasters meeting. isn't it strange that i would attend a public speaking club in english while in a foreign country? after going though, i'm tempted to join them. everyone i met was very friendly with a good sense of humor. i had a good time at the meeting. next time they're going to have a joke telling contest.

i'm exhausted, but it looks like next week i'll be able to concentrate on school. can't wait to get started.

3 Responses to "can i unpack now?"

Jr. Says :
August 27, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Congratulations on finding residence, Sir! They got Ikea out there? Those Swedes never miss an oppurtunity, I guess.

Thanks for the constant updates and I hope you're enjoying the Hell outta yourself out there.

One of the Engineers here thinks that visiting during Chinese New Year would be a great experience. Now that you'll have a floor to crash on, Imma have to start looking into a ticket.

Toastmasters is going to be something that I'll mention tonight at dinner with The Gang. I'm sure you (always kinda quiet) being in a public speaking club will serve as a chuckle. They have a Toastmasters here at Mustang and I know my friend in San Antonio used to attend hers. She seemed to really enjoy it, so I'm sure you'll be happy. Do you have a joke in mind?

Next time you post, put a pic of the meal (if you take one). I've always liked the pictures in post.

Take care Man, and we still drink to your honor and safety whenever together. GROLSCH!

Kyle Says :
August 28, 2009 at 9:28 PM

im not sure if by "the gang," luis meant us, although there was no mention of the toastmasters by luis which now deeply upsets me. are you cheating on us with another "gang?" wow. you know i'm going to have to tell bobby about this. and you know how he gets, luis.

shaun, stay strong brah.

Jr. Says :
August 28, 2009 at 11:12 PM

I never got the chance to mention Toastmasters. There was too much fun going on and it slipped my mind. :-[

Also, if I mention something about Becky around Bobby, I risk a punch in the face. :'-(

Post a Comment